To generate ideas we took an every-day item and tried three different approaches:
- brainstorming alternate uses
- designing improvements
- building swiss-army knife adaptations
Take-aways from the workshop:
- Usability tip #2: You don’t need to be a great artist to sketch an idea. Simple scribbles can convey a lot more than just a word.
- Side benefits #2: Sketching ideas spurred my imagination and made the idea much easier to communicate.
- Side benefits #3: Turning brainstorming into a visual activity got everyone laughing about the silly drawings, which fueled even crazier ideas and sketches. Having fun makes brainstorming more productive.